Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NEW YEAR – A TIME FOR RESOLUTIONS

The New Year is a time for resolutions. Mentally, at least most of us could compile formidable lists of do’s and don’ts. The same old favourites recur year in and year out with monotonous regularity. We resolve to get up earlier each morning, eat less, do a thousand and one jobs about the house, be nice to the people we don’t like, drive carefully and take the dog for a walk everyday. Past experience has taught us that certain accomplishments are beyond attainment.
Most of us fail in efforts at self-improvement because our schemes are too ambitious and we never have time to carry them out. We also make the fundamental error of announcing our resolutions to everybody, so that we look even more foolish when we slip back into our bad old ways.
Aware of these pitfalls, this year I attempted to keep my resolutions to myself. I limited myself to modest ambitions. My schemes should not be beyond the reach.
At the same time, I wish you all a very prosperous new year. Let all your dreams and wishes get fulfilled in this year. Keep on moving till your dreams are realized.
- M. Yashodhara. PGT English

No comments: